Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Beginnings of a Love Story

Today I am again going to do a lovely thing called back tracking... 

It all begins when I met this amazing guy on May 24, 2012.  His name is Andrew Michael Mestas. This my friends is the beginning of a love story...  

Cynthia and I had just gone through a bad break up with both of our guys and we wanted to get out and do something to get our mind off of that.  So we decided that we were going to go on a blind date.  I set her up with my friend Dave who was my home teacher during the school year.   Cynthia had a much harder time finding a date for me.  

She asked all her friends and none of them could go.  So what are two girls going to do to find a date with a guy?  We decided to hit the ward lists!  Late a few nights before the date we sat down and took down the numbers of all the cute guys in our different wards.  Shallow maybe?  Effective yes.  The next day Cynthia texted a total of 14 guys.  Some said they were married or had girl friends, others were out of town.  One guy did respond though.  Later he told me he was hesitant to go on a date with a girl he didn't know, and who would blame him?  He said, "it was like the spirit kicked me in the butt and I had to go."

Thursday came and I was so utterly panicked.  I was going on a date with a guy that knew neither Cynthia or I.  We arrived at his house and I came up to meet him.  He was joking around right from the start and put me to ease immediately.  We hit it off right away.  I kept thinking that this guy was really cool.

The date itself was fun we attempted reverse tie dye and failed at it and had ice cream in the park.  While we were talking Andrew mentioned he played magic the gathering.  I told him that I had always wanted to play that game.  And he agreed to teach me.  Later Andrew told me he knew I was different when I responded with such enthusiasm to wanting to play that game.  And here's the thing, I have wanted to learn how to play that game since I was a little girl and saw my first magic cards at the bus stop.

Another moment when I knew this guy was legit was when we were at the park eating ice cream and talking was when he could sing the, "Still Alive," song with me from portal.  

When the date came to a close I walked Andrew to his door.  He told me he had a really fun time and wanted to be the one to take me out next time and wanted to get my number.  This made me really excited.  :)

After the date I stayed at Cynthia's house and couldn't stop talking about how amazing this guy was.  I started texting him and found out he had left his key in his house and couldn't get back in.  It was kind of cold out so Cynthia and I decided to bring him some blankets.  When we got there he was saying we shouldn't have when Cynthia pipped up and said that I wanted to see him again anyways.  Definitely awkward after a first date.  Though dropping off the blankets at his house gave me the opportunity that I could go back and see him again.  Which is where I will continue next time!